1 tbsp. plus 1 or 2 tsp (20-25 ml) espresso
2 tsp (10 ml) liquid cane sugar
4 tbsp. (60 ml) fresh whole milk
approx 1/16 oz (3 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, plus some for dusting
2 tbsp (30 ml) skim milk
Together again, coffee, milk and cocoa enjoy themselves with new variations on the theme: here they create a hot, intense drink, sweetened by a touch of aromatic cane sugar and cooled with soft milk snow. The surprise this drink has up its sleeve is its unusual contrast between hot and cold. Neve Fondente in italian.
1. Prepare the Espresso in a small cup.
2. In the frothing pitcher, combine the liquid sugar, whole milk and approx 1/16 oz (3 g) of cocoa powder; heat it with your espresso machine’s steam wand, being sure to keep it on the surface
3. Add the espresso to the heated mixture and combine, moving the frothing pitcher with a circular movement. Pour into the glass.
4. Foam the skim milk in the frothing pitcher using the milk frother and add it to the mixture in the glass.
5. Decorate with a light dusting of cocoa powder, and serve.